UMF students have the option of creating their own major, called a Self-Designed major. Students focus on a theme or concept that includes two or three subject areas. The following majors have been created by students:
- Economic Analysis (with coursework in political science, economics, and math)
- Social Dynamics (with coursework in sociology, psychology, and early childhood education)
- Authenticity (with coursework in computer science and philosophy)
- Peace Studies (with coursework in political science, sociology, and history)
- Art Therapy (with coursework in art, psychology, and rehabilitation)
To get started, talk with your academic advisor about your ideas of developing a major.