Friday, September 1, 2017
11:00am – 1:00pm
Olsen Student Center
For Employers: Any UMF Department or local business with hiring needs may participate. Click here to register online.
Volunteer organizations may contact Kirsten Swan at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about upcoming events.
Questions? Contact Cyndi McShane at email@example.com or Lori Soucie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Students: How to prepare for the Employment Fair:
- Be dressed to make a favorable impression with potential employers.
- Bring 6-8 copies of your resume. If you don’t have a resume, check out this website or meet with a career counselor. Resumes are not required, but they make a good impression.
- Be prepared to know if you have a Work-Study Award or not. If you aren’t sure, call or stop by the Merrill Center (207-778-7100).
- Bring a copy of your schedule with you or write down the times when you are available to work.
- Prepare for a busy event. If you don’t like crowds, time your arrival to occur between 12:15 to 1:00.
- Review the list of employers (see below) and make a plan to talk with several.
- Practice introducing yourself. Hi, my name is Josh. I’m a first year student and I’m looking for a job on campus. What kinds of positions do you have available?
- If you want to apply for a job, fill out the application and return it to the employer soon.
- Visit the Career Services page for information about interviewing.
UMF Departments will be hiring students for on-campus employment. These positions are funded by federal work study, student initiative funds, or departmental funds.
Alice James Books
Alumni Theater/Emery Community Arts Center
Conferences and Events
Department of Public Safety
Department of Sound, Performance & Visual Inquiry
Ferro Alumni Center
Merrill Center Student Services
Mt. Blue TV
Partnership for Civic Advancement
Student Life/CSI Office
Sustainable Campus Coalition
The University Store
UMF Fitness & Recreation Center
UMF Information Technology/Help Desk
UMF Learning Commons
Upward Bound/Johnson Scholars
Local businesses & Organizations:
Care & Comfort
Farmington Parks & Recreation Department
Franklin County Children’s Task Force
Home, Hope & Healing/Aspire Behavioral
MAS Community Health
Saddleback Mountain Ski Area
The Homestead Restaurant, Kitchen & Bakery
US Army Reserve
Woodlands Memory Care of Farmington
This event is sponsored by Saddleback Mountain Ski Area and
Woodlands Memory Care of Farmington. Thank you!
Substitute Teaching Applications Substitute Teaching Applications will be available from the following school districts at the fair:
RSD #9 Mt. Blue Regional School District
RSU #52 Turner School District
MSAD/ #58 Phillips, Eustis, Avon, Kingfield, Strong School District
RSU #73 Jay/Livermore/Livermore Falls School District
RSU #78 Rangeley Lakes School District