Friday, September 1, 2017
11:00am – 1:00pm
Olsen Student Center
For Employers: Any UMF Department or local business with hiring needs may participate. Click here to register online (coming soon!). Questions? Contact Cyndi McShane at email@example.com or Lori Soucie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Organizations are encouraged to contact Kirsten Swan at email@example.com for information about upcoming events.
For Students: How to prepare for the Employment Fair:
- Be dressed to make a favorable impression with potential employers.
- Bring 6-8 copies of your resume. If you don’t have a resume, check out this website or meet with a career counselor. Resumes are not required, but they make a good impression.
- Be prepared to know if you have a Work-Study Award or not. If you aren’t sure, call or stop by the Merrill Center (207-778-7100).
- Bring a copy of your schedule with you or write down the times when you are available to work.
- Prepare for a busy event. If you don’t like crowds, time your arrival to occur between 12:15 to 1:00.
- Review the list of employers (see below) and make a plan to talk with several.
- Practice introducing yourself. Hi, my name is Josh. I’m a first year student and I’m looking for a job on campus. What kinds of positions do you have available?
- If you want to apply for a job, fill out the application and return it to the employer soon.
- Visit the Career Services page for information about interviewing.
UMF Departments will be hiring students for on-campus employment. These positions are funded by federal work study, student initiative funds, or departmental funds.
Check back in August
Local businesses & Organizations:
Check back in August
Substitute Teaching Applications Substitute Teaching Applications will be available from the following school districts at the fair:
RSD #9 Mt. Blue Regional School District
RSU #52 Turner School District
MSAD/ #58 Phillips, Eustis, Avon, Kingfield, Strong School District
RSU #73 Jay/Livermore/Livermore Falls School District
RSU #78 Rangeley Lakes School District