Friday, September 6, 2019
11:00am – 1:00pm
Olsen Student Center
For Employers: Any UMF Department or local business with hiring needs may participate.
If you’re an employer who would like to register or if you have questions, please contact Cyndi McShane at email@example.com or Lori Soucie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Students: How to prepare for the Employment Fair:
- Be dressed to make a favorable impression with potential employers.
- Bring 6-8 copies of your resume. If you don’t have a resume, check out this website or meet with a career counselor. Resumes are not required, but they make a good impression.
- Be prepared to know if you have a Work-Study Award or not. If you aren’t sure, call or stop by the Merrill Center (207-778-7100).
- Bring a copy of your schedule with you or write down the times when you are available to work.
- Prepare for a busy event. If you don’t like crowds, time your arrival to occur between 12:15 to 1:00.
- Review the list of employers (see below) and make a plan to talk with several.
- Practice introducing yourself. Hi, my name is Josh. I’m a first year student and I’m looking for a job on campus. What kinds of positions do you have available?
- If you want to apply for a job, fill out the application and return it to the employer soon.
- Visit the Career Services page for information about interviewing.