Friday, September 6, 2019
11:00am – 1:00pm
Olsen Student Center
For Employers: Any UMF Department or local business with hiring needs may participate.
If you’re an employer who would like to register or if you have questions, please contact Cyndi McShane at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lori Soucie at email@example.com.
On Campus Employers:
|UMF Registrar’s Office|
|UMF Dept. of Public Safety/Campus Police|
|UMF Merrill Center Student Services: Financial Aid, Student Employment, Records & Registration, Student Accounts|
|Partnership for Civic Advancement|
|Sustainable Campus Coalition|
|Fitness & Recreation|
|Alumni & Development|
|Marketing & Communications|
|Mt Blue Community Access TV|
|UMF Office of Admissions|
|College of Education, Health, and Rehabilitation|
|Sweatt-Winter Child Care & Early Education Center|
|Step-Up Bystander Intervention|
|Alumni Theatre and Emery Community Arts Center|
|Arts (Sound, Performance, Visual Inquiry)|
Off Campus Employers:
Aspire Behavioral Health & Counseling – Fair Sponsor
Western Maine Behavioral Health – Fair Sponsor
21st Century Kids of FRANKLIN – Franklin County Children’s Task Force
|Care & Comfort|
Woodlands Senior Living of Farmington
The Homestead Bakery & Kitchen
Sugarloaf Child Care
For Students: How to prepare for the Employment Fair:
- Be dressed to make a favorable impression with potential employers.
- Bring 6-8 copies of your resume. If you don’t have a resume, check out this website or meet with a career counselor. Resumes are not required, but they make a good impression.
- Be prepared to know if you have a Work-Study Award or not. If you aren’t sure, call or stop by the Merrill Center (207-778-7100).
- Bring a copy of your schedule with you or write down the times when you are available to work.
- Prepare for a busy event. If you don’t like crowds, time your arrival to occur between 12:15 to 1:00.
- Review the list of employers (see below) and make a plan to talk with several.
- Practice introducing yourself. Hi, my name is Josh. I’m a first year student and I’m looking for a job on campus. What kinds of positions do you have available?
- If you want to apply for a job, fill out the application and return it to the employer soon.
- Visit the Career Services page for information about interviewing.