Friday, September 7, 2018
11:00am – 1:00pm
Olsen Student Center
For Employers: Any UMF Department or local business with hiring needs may participate.
Volunteer organizations may contact Kirsten Swan at email@example.com for information about upcoming events.
If you’re an employer who would like to register or if you have questions, please contact Cyndi McShane at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lori Soucie at email@example.com.
For Students: How to prepare for the Employment Fair:
- Be dressed to make a favorable impression with potential employers.
- Bring 6-8 copies of your resume. If you don’t have a resume, check out this website or meet with a career counselor. Resumes are not required, but they make a good impression.
- Be prepared to know if you have a Work-Study Award or not. If you aren’t sure, call or stop by the Merrill Center (207-778-7100).
- Bring a copy of your schedule with you or write down the times when you are available to work.
- Prepare for a busy event. If you don’t like crowds, time your arrival to occur between 12:15 to 1:00.
- Review the list of employers (see below) and make a plan to talk with several.
- Practice introducing yourself. Hi, my name is Josh. I’m a first year student and I’m looking for a job on campus. What kinds of positions do you have available?
- If you want to apply for a job, fill out the application and return it to the employer soon.
- Visit the Career Services page for information about interviewing.
2018 Participating Employers:
UMF Departments will be hiring students for on-campus employment. These positions are funded by federal work study, student initiative funds, or departmental funds.
America Reads/America Counts
Campus Police/Public Safety
Center for Student Development
College of Education, Health & Rehabilitation
Conferences and Events
Department of Community Health & Recreation
Division of Natural Sciences
Division of Psychology
Emery Community Arts Center
Ferro Alumni Center
Merrill Center Student Services
Mt. Blue TV
Office of Global Education
Office of Graduate Studies
Office of Institutional Research
The Partnership for Civic Advancement
Sodexo (campus dining services)
Student Life Office
Sustainable Campus Coalition
UMF Card Services
UMF Fitness & Recreation Center
UMF Information Technology/Help Desk
UMF IT – Media Services
UMF Learning Commons
UMF Testing Services
Upward Bound/Johnson Scholars
Local Businesses & Organizations:
Aspire Behavioral Health & Counseling
Care & Comfort
Farmington D Restaurant
MAS Community Health
North Country Associates
Sandy River Center – Genesis Health
Sunday River Ski Resort
The Homestead Kitchen, Bar and Bakery
Western Maine Behavioral Services
Woodlands Senior Living of Farmington
This event is sponsored by Western Maine Behavioral Services and
Woodlands Senior Living of Farmington. Thank you!
Substitute Teaching Applications Substitute Teaching Applications will be available from the following school districts at the fair:
RSD #9 Mt. Blue Regional School District
RSU #52 Turner School District
MSAD/ #58 Phillips, Eustis, Avon, Kingfield, Strong School District
RSU #73 Jay/Livermore/Livermore Falls School District
RSU #78 Rangeley Lakes School District