It is not practical to read about every occupation that exists, but this activity can help transform a generalized career choice such as “business” into more specific occupations through selected reading or online research. Upon completion of this activity, some students may be ready to make their decision. For most though, a more likely result is to be able to identify four to six specific occupations to further explore at the higher levels of the Pyramid.
- O’NET Occupation and Skills Search
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- What Can I Do With A Major In …
- Learn How to Become…exploring careers & the career journey
- Employer Reviews
- Step-by-Step Guide to Researching Companies
*Used with permission of the National Association of Colleges and Employers, copyright holder. The Career Decision Pyramid is a copyrighted product of the National Association of Colleges and Employers, copyright holder.