Motor Pool Information
Minivans (seats 7 people including the driver) and large vans (seats 12 people including the driver) are available for use by faculty, staff and student groups. All drivers are required to pass a training course before driving a university vehicle, you will find the instructions for taking the course below. If you have any questions about vehicle use, training or scheduling please contact Eliza Lucarelli at x7589.
Instructions – How to Take a Driver Training Course
- Access the Internet through your Internet browser. We recommend using Internet Explorer 5.0 or newer or Netscape 4.7 or newer. If you use a Popup Blocker when browsing the Internet, you will need to disable the blocker to open the course.
- At the top of your screen, in the Address field, type in the following domain name:
- Click the ‘Registered Users’ box.
- The Visum Learning logon screen will display.
- Sign in by typing in your UserID and Password, then choosing the Sign In button beside the Password field.
- The Learning Center page containing your assigned course(s) will display. Choose the button to the right of the course name to begin (or restart) the course.
- The course learning objectives and introduction page will display first, choose the Start Course button at the bottom of the page to continue.
- The first page of the course will open in a separate window. Maximize the course window by clicking the maximize button in the top right hand corner of the course window.
- 9. Click the Next and Previous buttons to move through the course. You may also use the Table of Contents option to return to a previous section for review.
- At any point in the course, you may choose the Exit Course button. The page you are on will be bookmarked. When you return to the course and choose the Restart Course button on the Introduction page, you will be taken to the bookmarked page.
- In the beginning of some courses a pretest will be presented. Read each question carefully and click in the box in front of the correct response(s). A check mark will display indicating your chosen response. Choose the Next button to proceed to the next question. Remember that the pretest is a tool used to ascertain your knowledge of the subject before taking the course. Your pretest score will not effect your post-test results.
- At the end of the course a post-test will be presented. Read each question carefully and click in the box in front of the correct response(s). A check mark will display indicating your chosen response. Choose the Next button to proceed to the next question.
Note: Once you choose the Next button, you may not go back and change your answer.
- At the end of the test, you will see a Test Results page displaying your final score. The Number column contains the total number of questions you answered. The Correct column contains the total number of questions you answered correctly. The Percent column contains your correct percentage score.
- You will be returned to the Learning Center page. Choose the Logout option on the left side of the page to exit the course and return to the Sign In page.
- Click the Close button in the top right hand corner of the window to close the page and the Visum Learning System.
- If you experience any problems, you may call Technical Support at 1-866-HELP-OTS or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.