2019 Printable Course Information (pdf)
This course trains participants to respond to emergencies in their communities, workplaces and homes. Participants will learn to respond and care for unconscious victims, breathing emergencies, sudden illness, bleeding, and more.
Through guided instruction and hands on practice with a certified instructor, participants will gain confidence in caring for adults, children and infants. After completing all requirements of the course, participants will receive an American Red Cross adult, child and infant CPR/AED and first aid certifications valid for 2 years.
Two Course Options: Full course & Blended Learning
Full Course (FC) is ideal for those who have never taken the course before and prefer consistent instructor interaction. A 45-minute lunch break will be given.
- 9a – 4p Saturday, January 26 registration code: 260201 A
- 9a – 4p Saturday, February 2 registration code: 260201 B
- 9a – 4p Sunday, February 24 registration code: 260201 C
- 9a – 4p Saturday, March 9 registration code: 260201 D
- 9a – 4p Sunday, March 24 registration code: 260201 E
- 9a – 4p Saturday, April 13 registration code: 260201 F
- 9a – 4p Sunday, April 28 registration code: 260201 G
- 9a – 4p Friday, May 17 registration code: 260201 H
- 9a – 4p Saturday, June 1 registration code: 260201 I
- 9a – 4pm Saturday, June 22 registration code: 260201 J
Blended Learning (BL) are ideal for those who have been certified previously. This course requires participants to complete 2.5 hours of online course work. The online course work must be completed prior to the in-person skill day.
Online course link: https://www.redcrosslearning.com/course/301040f0-c611-11e6-981d-bb8e5751112f
The link above will take the student to the LOGIN/CREATE LOGIN screen.
First time users will select the “Create Login” button (see next screen)
Returning users will login with their existing credentials
After selecting “login,” the student will automatically be taken to the course launch screen
First-time users will also receive an email confirming their account creation.
- Students must use unique email addresses when creating accounts.
- Student emails will not be used for marketing or any other communication unless relevant to using the Direct Links platform.
- 2p – 4pm Friday January 25 registration code: 260202 A
- 2p – 4pm Friday February 15 registration code: 260202 B
- 4p – 6p Tuesday February 19 registration code: 260202 C
- 2p – 4pm Friday March 15 registration code: 260202 D
- 4p – 6p Tuesday March 19 registration code: 260202 E
- 2p – 4pm Friday April 19 registration code: 260202 F
- 4p – 6p Tuesday April 30 registration code: 260202 G
- 2p – 4pm Friday May 10 registration code: 260202 H
- 4p – 6p Tuesday May 28 registration code: 260202 I
- 2p – 4pm Friday June 21 registration code: 260202 J
- 4p – 6p Tuesday June 25 registration code: 260202 K
Registration forms must be completed and submitted to the Fitness and Recreation Center Front Desk, with full payment, prior to the start of the course. A minimum of four registered participants are required two business days prior the first class. Participants are contacting through the e-mail provided on the registration form.
Fees: UMF students $60 | FRC Members $65| Non-Members $78
In order to receive certification participants must attend the entire course, participate in all skill sessions and scenarios, and demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios.
Some skill sessions require strenuous physical activity. If you have a medical condition or disability or if you have any question’s regarding your ability to participate fully in this course, discuss this with your health care provider and connect with Jennifer
Please wear comfortable clothing and avoid wearing: Dangling jewelry or jewelry with sharp edges.
Contact Jennifer with your questions. Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 207.778.7437
University of Maine at Farmington | Fitness and Recreation Center | 152 Quebec St. | Farmington, ME
UMF students $60 / UMF Fitness & Recreation Center Members $65 / Non-members $78
Participants who do not meet the overall course requirements or withdraw from the course with less then four days prior to the start of the course, are not eligible for a refund.
Registration forms must be completed and submitted to the UMF Fitness & Recreation Center front desk, with full payment prior to the start of the course.
A minimum of 4 registered participants are required two business days prior to the first class.
Course Registration Form (pdf)
Complete and submit the form to Jennifer Pageot at the address below.
For Aquatics / Pool info, contact:
Assistant Director, Fitness & Recreation Center
Aquatic, Health and Safety Educator
UMF Fitness & Recreation Center
University of Maine at Farmington
152 Quebec Street
Farmington, ME 04938