This course trains participants to respond to emergencies in their communities, workplaces and homes. Participants will learn to respond and care for unconscious victims, breathing emergencies, sudden illness, bleeding, and more.
Through guided instruction and hands on practice with a certified instructor, participants will gain confidence in caring for adults, children and infants. After completing all requirements of the course, participants will receive an American Red Cross adult, child and infant CPR/AED and first aid certifications valid for 2 years.
This course requires participants to complete 2.5 hours of online course work. The online course work must be completed prior to the in-person skill day.
Online course link: https://www.redcrosslearning.com/course/301040f0-c611-11e6-981d-bb8e5751112f
The link above will take the student to the LOGIN/CREATE LOGIN screen.
First time users will select the “Create Login” button (see next screen)
Returning users will login with their existing credentials
After selecting “login,” the student will automatically be taken to the course launch screen
First-time users will also receive an email confirming their account creation.
- Students must use unique email addresses when creating accounts.
- Student emails will not be used for marketing or any other communication unless relevant to using the Direct Links platform.
- Thursday, August 8 9am – 11am (registration code: 110922 A)
- Saturday, August 24 9am – 11am (registration code: 110922 B)
- Monday, September 9 6pm – 8pm (registration code: 110922 C)
- Wednesday, September 11 7am – 9am (registration code: 110922 D)
- Saturday, September 28 9am – 11am (registration code: 110922 E)
- Monday, October 7 6pm-8pm (registration code: 110922 F)
- Wednesday, October 9 7am – 9am (registration code: 110922 G)
- Saturday, October 26 9am – 11am (registration code: 110922 H)
- Wednesday, November 6 7am – 9am (registration code: 110922 I)
- Monday, November 11 6pm – 8pm (registration code: 110922 J)
- Saturday, November 23 9am – 11am (registration code: 110922 K)
- Monday, December 2 6pm- 8pm (registration code: 110922 L)
In order to receive certification participants must provide a completion certificate for the online course work withing attend the entire course, participate in all skill sessions and scenarios, and demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios.
Some skill sessions require strenuous physical activity. If you have a medical condition or disability or if you have any question’s regarding your ability to participate fully in this course, discuss this with your health care provider and connect with Jennifer
Please wear comfortable clothing and avoid wearing dangling jewelry or jewelry with sharp edges.
Fee per person: $78
Participants who do not meet the overall course requirements or withdraw from the course with less than four days prior to the start of the course, are not eligible for a refund.
Registration forms must be completed and submitted to the UMF Fitness & Recreation Center front desk, with full payment prior to the start of the course.
A minimum of two (2) registered participants are required two (2) business days prior to the first class.
Course Registration Form (pdf)
First Aid-CPR-AED Participant’s Manual (FREE Manual Download)
Complete and submit the form to Jennifer Pageot at the address below.
For Aquatics / Pool info, contact:
Assistant Director, Fitness & Recreation Center
Aquatic, Health and Safety Educator
UMF Fitness & Recreation Center
University of Maine at Farmington
152 Quebec Street
Farmington, ME 04938