- The Lifeguard Instructor/Instructor Trainer Review course includes:
- Lifeguard Program Review
- Administrative Updates/Information
- Written Exam
- Skill Practice and Polish Session including in-water skills, drills and Multiple-Rescuer Response scenarios
- Online Course work required to be completed prior to the first day.
The American Red Cross LGI re-entry & crossover course is intended for previously certified American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructors with a certification expired within the last 2 years or for instructors certified by other organizations who wish to crossover to the American Red Cross. Participants are required to complete an online course prior to attending the in person session.
- Must be 19 years old by the last date of the course
- Possess a current American Red Cross or equivalent Lifeguard/CPR/AED/FA certification
- Possess an American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certificate expired within the last 2 years OR a current equivalent instructor certifications (see below)
- Accepted Equivalent Certifications Include: Canadian Red Cross, YMCA, Ellis & Associates, Boy Scouts of America, Starfish Aquatics Institute, Lifesaving Society of Canada, Royal Life Saving Society of the United Kingdom, United States Lifesaving Association
Upon successful completion of the course, the Lifeguard Instructor or Lifeguard Instructor Trainer certification will be renewed for 2 years.
Fees LGI Review: $200 Non-members |$160 FRC Members
Candidates are eligible to take a review course at a significantly discounted rate. Please contact Jennifer for more information: email@example.com
- Thursday & Friday June 13 & 14 9am-4pm registration code: 260107 A
You are required to bring a:
Lifeguard Instructor Manual r.2017 (hard copy) (available for purchase for $40)
Lifeguarding Manual r.2017 (hard copy) (available for purchase for $35)
Proof of expired Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certificate
A swim suit, towel, and dry comfortable clothes
Adult and Infant CPR pocket masks (may be purchased at class for $15/set)
Snack, water bottle, lunch plans
A rested body and open min