Sunday, May 3, 2015
Pre Race Check In & On Site Registration: 11:30 A.M.– 12:30 P.M.
Pre Race Meeting: 12:30 P.M.
Race Start Time: 1:00 P.M.
Roughly a 10 mile paddle on the Sandy River starting in Strong and ending in Fairbanks. According to the Whitewater Classification System, this section of the Sandy River is identified as Class I and Class II with moving water, small disturbances on the surface, easy rapids with small waves and clear channels that are obvious where occasional maneuvering may be required.
To Register: 2015 Canoe Race Registration Form
Complete the above registration form and submit to the FRC with payment.
Forms can be returned to: UMF Fitness & Recreation Center, Attn. Jim Toner, 152 Quebec Street, Farmington, ME 04938.
- $10.00 per person
- $5.00 for UMF students
Compete against others in a timed race or make it a fun run
- High School: currently attending High School
- College: currently attending College
- Men/Women: ages 18-49
- Century: aged 50 & over
- Mixed or Family: any canoe with mixed gender, age category or family
*Children ages 12 -14 must be accompanied in the boat by an adult 18 years or older.
Put In Location: Strong American Legion; Intersection of Route 145 & Route 4. (Turn onto a small dirt road leading to the American Legion/ Knights of Pythias Lodge and ball field.)
Take Out Location: Fairbanks Little League Ball Field, Route 4
- Transportation will be provided back to the put in location
- Participants will provide canoe/kayak, paddles, PFDs and other related equipment/supplies
- Kayak or Canoe that is suitable for the course and seaworthy
- A Personal Floatation Device (PFD) for each participant, which must be worn at all times. The PFD must be U.S. Coast Guard approved
- Adequate supply of drinkable water as needed by each participant
- Any special medications required for allergic reactions or any other reason
- Completed registration form, signed waiver and paid registration fee
- Minimum age of 15 years old for any individual participant
- All children ages 12 to 14 must have an adult 18 years or older paddling with them in a boat
- Children under 15 years of age may not paddle solo
- Alcohol and use of alcohol is strictly prohibited
For More Information Contact
Jim Toner: 778-7494 or firstname.lastname@example.org