Sunday, April 30th, 2017 Race Start Time: 1:00 P.M.
Roughly a 10 mile paddle on the Sandy River starting in Strong and ending in Fairbanks. According to the Whitewater Classification System, this section of the Sandy River is identified as Class I and Class II with moving water, small disturbances on the surface, easy rapids with small waves and clear channels that are obvious where occasional maneuvering may be required.
Contact the UMF Fitness & Recreation Center at 778-7495 or stop by the front desk to register.
Registration forms and additional information is also available on line at: http://frc.umf.maine.edu Forms can be returned to: UMF Fitness & Recreation Center, Attn. Jim Toner, 152 Quebec Street, Farmington, ME 04938.
- $10.00 per person
- $5.00 for UMF students
Compete against others in a timed race or make it a fun run
- High School: currently attending High School
- College: currently attending College
- Men/Women: ages 18-49
- Century: aged 50 & over
- Mixed or Family: any canoe with mixed gender, age category or family
*Children ages12 -14 must be accompanied in the boat by an adult 18 years or older.
Pre Race Check In & On Site Registration: 11:30 A.M. – 12:30 P.M.
Pre Race Meeting: 12:30 P.M.
Put In Location: Strong American Legion; Intersection of Route 145 & Route 4. (Turn onto a small dirt road leading to the American Legion/ Knights of Pythias Lodge and ball field.)
Take Out Location: Fairbanks Little League Ball Field, Route 4
- Transportation will be provided back to the put in location
For More Information Contact
Jim Toner: 778-7494 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants will provide canoe/kayak, paddles, PFDs and other related equipment/supplies
- Kayak or Canoe that is suitable for the course and seaworthy
- A Personal Floatation Device (PFD) for each participant, which must be worn at all times. The PFD must be U.S. Coast Guard approved
- Adequate supply of drinkable water as needed by each participant
- Any special medications required for allergic reactions or any other reason
- Completed registration form, signed waiver and paid registration fee
- Minimum age of 15 years old for any individual participant
- All children ages 12 to 14 must have an adult 18 years or older paddling with them in a boat
- Children under 15 years of age may not paddle solo
- Alcohol and use of alcohol is strictly prohibited