|Individual||Secondary||Add’l Age 14+||Add’l Age 5-13||Add’l Age 0-4|
|1 Year||$265||+ $130||+ $55||+ $25||Free|
|6 Months||$150||+ $70||+ $25||+ $15||Free|
|3 Months||$85||+ $40||+ $15||+ $5||Free|
Perpetual Membership *
|$30/mo.||+ $10/mo.||+ $5/mo.||+ $2/mo.||Free|
|Sr. 60+ & Veteran Discount||10%||10% off Public memberships above (except perpetual)|
Secondary = Spouse / partner OR dependent child under age 18 (age 22 if in college) of the individual pass holder.
Addt’l = After a secondary member has been added, additional dependent children can be added based on age.
Perpetual = Requires automatic monthly deduction from credit card and 12 month min commitment ($50 fee for early cancellation)
|Individual||Secondary||Add’l Age 14+||Add’l Age 5-13||Add’l Age 0-4|
|1 Year||$175||+ $90||+ $20||+ $10||Free|
|1 Semester||Included with enrollment||$50|
|Summer – Students not taking classes||$50||$20|
|3 Months (from date of purchase)||$40
No Senior Discount
Guest Day Passes
|Good for Date of Purchase||
10 Visit Punch Card:
|Adult (ages 14+)||$8||$60|
|Youth (Ages 5-13)||$4||$30|
|Guest of UMF Student||$4||$30|
|Individual = single membership or the first membership of a family|
|Secondary = individal pass holder’s spouse/partner OR dependent child under age 18 (22 if in college)|
|Add’l = additional dependent children after a secondary pass has been assigned|
Facility Use Policies
- All members and guests must sign an FRC Risk and Release Agreement Form prior to using the facility. This form must be signed at each renewal.
- Members are required to know and abide by the facility/program policies outlined in the Risk and Release Form. Use of the membership implies understanding and acceptance of these policies.
- Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable. Allowing someone to use your card is misrepresentation of membership and is a violation of the terms of the membership. Misuse of the membership card can result in the membership being revoked, not only for the person on the card but for all those on the membership.
- Cancellation – All early cancellations must be requested in writing through the Membership Cancel/Change Form. Perpetual memberships cancelled prior to the 12 month minimum are subject to a $50 early cancellation fee. Other memberships are non-refundable. Exceptions to these policies would include a medical necessity or a relocation.
- Changes – All changes to memberships (i.e. length of time, secondary members and add-ons, etc) require a formal request. Requests to add family members will only be prorated when half of the membership term remains.
- UMF and the FRC are NOT responsible for lost/stolen items. Locks are available for free at front desk. Please lock up valuables.
- Dangerous horseplay, loudness, and/or offensive language, are not acceptable in any of our programs or spaces.
- As a courtesy to others, please refrain from perfumes/colognes – they may aggravate asthmatic conditions and other respiratory illnesses/sensitivities.
- Cell phone use for calls is restricted to the lobby. Photos/video may not be taken without FRC staff permission. Please use personal headphones for music and other audio aspect of phone use. Phones are NOT to be used in the locker/shower/restroom areas.
- All areas are available for public use WHEN OPEN – University functions/activities have first priority.
- Personal training and private health/sport coaching in the FRC is only permitted by FRC staff.
- Rollerblades, roller skates, scooters, bicycles, etc. are not allowed in the field house.
- Shirts are required in all spaces other than the pool/shower. Shirts with profanity are not allowed.
- The FRC will close for certain holidays, inclement weather, pool incidents, University events, and for 5 days in August for maintenance and cleaning. These closures are reflected in our rates and thus no further discount is applicable.
- All members and guests under 15 years old are required to pass a water competency sequence administered by an FRC lifeguard in order to be in the pool without a responsible supervising adult.
- Members and guests must wipe down all equipment, including mats after each use. Spray the paper, not the equipment.
- Loitering on equipment is not allowed (i.e. sitting on a bench while shuffling through music). Patrons are to get up between sets and allow others to work in. Sharing is expected.
- FOOD AND DRINK: Water is the only beverage allowed on the courts, track, weight room or pool area. Any other food or drink may only be consumed in the lobby area. No glass containers are allowed in any area.
- FOOTWEAR: Clean, closed toed shoes must be worn throughout the facility (except as appropriate in the pool and locker room areas). Open toed shoes are permitted for walking on the track for medical or foot health needs.
- TRACK: Look both ways when crossing the track to avoid colliding with those who are running. Walkers need to stay to the inside of the track while runners should pass on the outside and there should be no more than two people across.
- TRACK DIRECTION: Please observe the daily track direction signs located in the lobby and on the track wall. They are easily visible. The arrow indicates the direction track users are running or walking that day.
- CHILDREN UNDER 14: MUST be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older who is responsible for the child’s safety, conduct and whereabouts at all times. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE CHILDREN UNATTENDED. Children may not use any of the cardio, resistance equipment or free weight apparatus, unless they have received an exercise program from an FRC trainer, or have completed a program granting conditional permissions to some or all of this equipment.
- TRANSGENDER INCLUSION: The UMF Fitness and Recreation Center supports and values an individual’s right to access and utilize recreation facilities, restrooms, locker rooms, programs, and services in accordance with an individual’s gender identity and gender expression. Individuals shall be permitted to participate in programs and activities in accordance with that person’s asserted gender identity.
- CODE OF CONDUCT: The use of the FRC is a privilege. Users are expected to be good citizens. We require that our members and guests respect the rights of others, use appropriate language, conduct themselves in a positive manner, speak to others in a respectful tone, and comply with the facility rules. The University of Maine at Farmington reserves the right to revoke privileges for any rule violation.
Information below is being provided by the UMF Fitness & Recreation Center for UMF employees. Employees from other UMaine System campuses should contact the UMaine System Benefits Office.
All University of Maine System employees are eligible for voucher pass, at not cost, to University of Maine System fitness facilities, regardless of whether or not they have insurance through the UMaine System (once their respective labor contract has been executed).
Eligible employee bargaining units currently approved for unlimited visits for employees and family members on employee’s insurance are:
- AFUM (faculty)
- UMPSA (professional)
- COLT (ASCUM)
- Teamsters (service and maintenance)
- FOP (police)
- Non-represented employees
Spouse/partner and/or dependents only qualify if they are part of the employee’s insurance plan. Dependents qualify up to age 26 only if they are on the employee’s insurance plan.
Employee voucher pass holders will be considered perpetual (for purposes of entering memberships into the Fitness & Recreation Center membership software – RecTrac), coinciding with the end of the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
If contracts are renewed by that date with same language then employee memberships would simply continue. If contract language changes then memberships would be cancelled and/or changed in accordance with new contract language.
Membership for spouse/partner and dependents will be discontinued if/when they are no longer on the employee’s insurance (ex. a dependent has turned age 26).
To get set up with an employee UMF Fitness & Recreation Center voucher pass, contact Lisa Turner email@example.com tel 778-7479 in the UMF Human Resources Office, located on the first floor of UMF’s Merrill Hall.
The Human Resources Office will issue paper vouchers that can be presented to the UMF Fitness & Recreation Center. The Fitness Center will then issue a scan card to the employee and eligible family members. It’s seamless and easy.
UMF Employee Membership FAQ
- Fitness & Rec Center program fees – The free unlimited voucher program for UMF Fitness & Rec Center access only and will not qualify employees for various member discounts provided to paying members. Examples include reduced registration fees for some programs such as swim lessons, after school program, and Red Cross courses will be charged at the non-member rate.
- Payroll deduction – If an employee is currently doing payroll deduction and wishes to stop, they simply need to contact UMF’s HR Office in Merril Hall. They will stop the payroll deduction and notify the Fitness Center about the cancellation.
- Payroll deduction for spouse/partner or dependent – An employee will be allowed to do payroll deduction for a spouse/partner and/or dependent(s) that are not on your health insurance at the Fitness Center “employee” rate. The employee must indicate who the payroll deduction is for on the payroll deduction form available at the Fitness Center.
- Tax Deductible donation to the Fitness & Rec Center – Due to the fact that UMaine System employees now receive free Fitness Center memberships and that the Fitness Center does not get reimbursed for this lost revenue, some have asked if they can still do payroll deduction and make a donation the Fitness Center. The answer is yes! Payroll deduction forms are available for this purpose at the Fitness Center that recognize the employee’s donation as a gift and therefore tax deductible. You simply enter the amount you wish to deduct each pay period.
- Reimbursement on prepaid membership – If an employee has purchased a membership outright (not through payroll deduction) and wishes to cancel it, the employee needs to contact the Fitness Center and we will either reimburse the employee the pro-rated balance of the membership amount or put a credit on the employees account.
- Adding a spouse/partner or dependent(s) who ARE on UMaine System Health Insurance – Employees may add their spouse/partner and any legal dependents aged 0-26 to their membership as long as they are included on the employee’s UMaine System Health Insurance plan.
- Adding a spouse/partner or dependent(s) who are NOT on UMaine System Health Insurance – If an employee has a spouse/partner or dependent(s) that are not on the employee’s insurance plan and they wish add them may join at the employee rate even if they themselves are not employees. This is done at the Fitness Center. The employee is required to be present at the time of membership purchase. The employee can choose to do payroll deduction for that spouse/partner or dependent if they choose.
- Change in eligibility – If an employee is terminated, the Human Resources Office will include removing the employee from the Fitness Center membership as part of the employee termination form.
- Terminated or retired employees – Terminated or retired employees are not eligible for vouchers.
- Wellness hours – Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with wellness hours (paid time off for wellness activities per union contract). Vouchers can only be used outside normal work schedule.
- RiseUp Points – Vouchers will not automatically be tied to RiseUp activity points. However, employees can enter activity points themselves on the RiseUp website.
UMF Fitness & Recreation Center
University of Maine at Farmington
152 Quebec Street
Farmington, ME 04938