The UMF Fitness & Recreation Center offers Personal Training for all ages and fitness levels and abilities — programs tailored to meet your own personal fitness goals and health needs.
Let our trained personal trainers custom design and implement an individualized exercise program just for you.
Our Mission: To provide exceptional, science-based and effective training to all of our community members and students of all ages and physical conditions.
Our Vision: To host the most qualified student/community trainers and allow each one to grow professionally in all aspects of training including, but not limited to professional development, team building, and a solid understanding of human anatomy/physiology with insight on kinesiology and exercise physiology.
Who Are the Personal Trainers?
UMF Fitness & Recreation Center Personal Trainers are primarily UMF Community Health students who have completed the personal training course, a rigorous full-semester class, as well as the national certification. We hold our trainers to the highest standards set by reputable organizations. ALL of our trainers are ACE (American Council on Exercise) Certified.
Their education and training as personal trainers has been closely supervised by professional staff with personal training credentials and experience.
Our trainers are dedicated, knowledgeable students committed to helping you achieve your fitness goals through education, motivation and encouragement.
Benefits to Personal Training
- A workout custom designed for your own personal goals
- Assistance with setting goals, and plans for meeting them
- Exercise programs adapted to your needs, your schedule, your health and your interests
- Specificity for sports; for varied fitness levels from beginner to athlete; for accommodating injuries and other health concerns; for weight management
- Progress assessments
- Motivation, encouragement and feedback from your trainer
- Skills and knowledge. Not only will you be exercising but learning how to do it more effectively and efficiently
Rates are standard at $35 per session*
Buddy Training $35 + $15 per additional person up to four people – have some friends who would benefit from training with you and your trainer? Only half the price for them to join, so you both get a deal!
To Sign Up
Complete a PERSONAL TRAINING REQUEST FORM UPDATED 9-4 (pdf) and submit to the Front Desk staff or directly to Coordinator of Personal Training and Group Fitness, Mike Colella. Contact Mike below if you’d like to learn more or stop by and see him when you’re at the Fitness Center! Room 105A
For Personal Training info, contact:
Coordinator of Personal Training
Director of Fitness
UMF Fitness & Recreation Center
University of Maine at Farmington
152 Quebec Street
Farmington, ME 04938
* Rates are $35 / session for 30/45/or 60 minutes. This depends on the trainer and clients availability, type of exercise routine given, personal goals, etc.