The UMF Fitness & Recreation Center offers Personal Training for all ages and fitness levels and abilities — programs tailored to meet your own personal fitness goals and health needs.
Let our trained personal trainers custom design and implement an individualized exercise program just for you.
Who Are the Personal Trainers?
UMF Fitness & Recreation Center Personal Trainers are primarily UMF Community Health students who have completed the personal training course, and/or completing fitness certification through a nationally recognized program such as ACE, NCSF, etc.
Their education and training as personal trainers has been closely supervised by professional staff with personal training credentials and experience.
Our trainers are dedicated, knowledgeable students committed to helping you achieve your fitness goals through education, motivation and encouragement.
Benefits to Personal Training
- A workout custom designed for your own personal goals
- Assistance with setting goals, and plans for meeting them
- Exercise programs adapted to your needs, your schedule, your health and your interests
- Specificity for sports; for varied fitness levels from beginner to athlete; for accommodating injuries and other health concerns; for weight management
- Progress assessments
- Motivation, encouragement and feedback from your trainer
- Skills and knowledge. Not only will you be exercising but learning how to do it more effectively and efficiently
Rates vary, depending on the type of Personal Training program you choose. See the Personal Training Request Form (pdf) for details.
To Sign Up
Complete a Personal Training Request Form (pdf) and submit to the Front Desk staff or directly to Director of Fitness Alison Thayer. Contact Alison below if you’d like to learn more or stop by and see her when you’re at the Fitness Center.
For Personal Training info, contact:
Assistant Director, Fitness & Recreation Center
Director of Fitness