The Certificate in Math Leadership is designed for practicing educators interested in pursuing opportunities in mathematics leadership.
Completion of this Certificate requires the following four UMF courses:
- EDU 529 Mathematics Leadership in K-12 settings: Understanding and Implementing the Common Core State Standards
- EDU 530 Mathematics Leadership in K-12 settings: The Mathematics Content for Standards-Based Instruction
- EDU 531 Mathematics Pedagogical Knowledge: Effective Instructional Practices for Teaching the Common Core State Standards
- EDU 532 Mathematics Leadership K-12: The Art of Mathematics Coaching and Supervision
- Click here for course descriptions
This 4-course series certificate will prepare educators for the challenges of being a mathematics leader, whether it be a Math Coach, a Math Interventionist, an RTI Coordinator, a Title I: Math Teacher or a grade-level Team Leader.