The Certificate in Educational Technology is designed for a range of professionals who are looking to enhance their knowledge and skills for using technology to support teaching and learning.
As classrooms and educational spaces of the 21st century are increasingly filled with rich educational technology, teachers, instructional coaches, and administrators need to examine how these tools change pedagogy, curriculum, and policy. This Certificate allows participants to individualize the course sequence to create a meaningful, in-depth examination of the role of technology in teaching and learning.
Completion of this Certificate requires four courses including EDU 572, and three other courses from this list:
- EDU 572 Technology as a Change Agent (Required)
- EDU 513 New Media and Language Arts in the Elementary Classroom
- EDU 534 Redefining Literacy: Living and Learning in Online Environments
- EDU 546 Online Teaching and Learning: An Overview
- EDU 547 Instructional Design for Online Course Development
- EDU 548 Encouraging Online Communication and Community to Support Learning
- EDU 568 Communication Tools for Teaching and Learning in Proficiency-Based Education
- EDU 569 Data and Information Tools for Teaching and Learning
- EDU 571 Learning and Innovating with Digital Storytelling
- SED 505 Achieving High Standards with Universal Design and Assistive Technology
- Click here for course descriptions