Expenses for Academic Year 2018-2019
|3 credits||6 Credits|
|Tuition – Maine Resident
** Non-degree graduate students will also pay an additional $50 Outreach Fee each semester they enroll in graduate courses.* Unified Fee for 7-11.5 credits = $171; $336 for 12+ credits.
Premium for students enrolling in the fall semester $1,858.00
(August 1, 2017 – July 31, 2018)
Premium for students enrolling in the spring semester $1,079.00
(January 1, 2018 – July 31, 2018)
All eligible students (enrolled in 6 credits or more) will be enrolled automatically in the SHIP; an annual charge of $1,858.00 will appear on the student’s account. Starting July 2018, students who already have health insurance coverage through another insurer will be able to withdraw via an online waiver process, with proper verification. Click here for more information
Academic Year – October 1, 2018
Spring Enrollment – February 20, 2019
To register for the Fall 2016 semester, all new degree and continuing graduate students will need to complete a Financial Responsibility Statement in their MaineStreet Student Center prior to registering. Click here for more information.
Payment for a Course
If you are enrolled in a UMF course, you are considered to be a UMF student.
- By registering for the course, you acknowledge your understanding that a seat has been reserved for you and that you are responsible for payment
- Payment or a 3rd Party Authorization (P.O.) is required when you register. Late fees may be assessed on any accounts not paid in full at the time of registration
- You may not receive a paper bill for your course(s). To see and pay your bill online, please log into your Maine Street Student Center (follow the instructions found here)
- You can pay your bill by:
- debit or credit card (Master Card, American Express, Visa or Discover) through your Student Center
- electronic check (ACH), through your Student Center, or
- check. Please mail to Merrill Center; 224 Main Street; Farmington, ME 04938
- If your school district is paying for the course,
- Please ask your district to fax the purchase order to 207-778-7555 or mail it to UMF at the address above
- If your district will pay only after you receive your grade, you will need to pay UMF up front and be reimbursed after you complete the course and meet your district’s requirements; otherwise you will be charged a $50 late fee
- If your district has not provided a purchase order and requests an invoice to pay for your course, please follow the instructions found here to print a bill to deliver to your district
- Information about Payment Plans
Students enrolled in a single course or certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid.
Master of Science in Education Programs
Limited financial aid is available to graduate students. You may apply for Federal Direct Student Loans or loans through qualified private sources. Submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be made to receive a Federal Direct Loan. For more information, contact the UMF Financial Aid Office through the UMF Merrill Center: 207-778-7100. A student receiving financial aid must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements. Please consult the Graduate Catalog for the full policy and guidelines.
Early Childhood students – Maine Roads to Quality also offers some scholarship money. Click here to learn more.
Course Drop / Withdrawal
- You may drop a UMF course (or withdraw from the University of Maine System) at the UMF Merrill Center (207-778-7100) or at email@example.com
- The date you contact the UMF Merrill Center regarding your intent to withdraw or drop a course will determine your financial adjustment, if any
- If you fail to notify the UMF Merrill Center that you stopped attending or never started your course(s), you will receive a failing grade and will be charged full tuition and fees