Application Process and Due Dates
All applicants are strongly encouraged to contact our office prior to application to discuss the program and professional goals. Please visit our contact page or email email@example.com to begin the inquiry.
- August 10 for September (Fall Term)
- January 5 for January (Spring Term)
- April 10 for May (Summer Term)
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and will be considered when complete. Students may enroll in some courses as a non-matriculated student prior to acceptance into the program.
To apply for the MSEd in Special Education program please submit the following materials to our office.
Mail: Division of Graduate & Continuing Education |University of Maine at Farmington | 111 South Street| Farmington, ME 04938
Fax: (207) 778-8134
- Application form (click here to download PDF form)
- Application essay (see page 2) of application form above for instructions
- Supplemental information if requesting Individualized Concentration
- Official transcript for your undergraduate degree if not from UMSystem
- A copy of your Teaching Certificate (for some concentrations)
- A copy of your Criminal History Record Check (CHRC)
- Two recommendation forms (click here to download PDF form)
- One from current administrator or supervisor
- One from a professional colleague
- A nonrefundable application fee of $60 made out to: UMF Office of Graduate Studies
If you are requesting that graduate-level coursework be transferred from another institution into this UMF Master’s program, in addition to your transcript you must submit the syllabi for each course you would like considered for transfer. This is not required if the course was take within the University of Maine System. Transfer decisions are made at the time of application.
These credits must have been earned from a regionally accredited institution, within 5 years prior to admission, and with a minimum grade of B (or equivalent). Graduate credits applied toward an undergraduate degree cannot be used toward the master’s degree.
Mail: The Division of Graduate and Continuing Education |University of Maine at Farmington | 111 South Street | Farmington, ME 04938
Fax: (207) 778-8134