Mantor Library Mission, Vision, and Values Statement
Mission: As partner in the educational mission of Maine’s public liberal arts college, Mantor Library provides instruction and information access to faculty and students, allowing them to meet their scholarly and research goals. The library serves the larger community as a regional information center, within the limits of the library’s resources and its primary commitment to the university community.
Vision: To inquire, inspire, and inform.
Values statement: To fulfill the library’s mission, the library staff practice the following values:
- People: The highly qualified staff of Mantor Library values and respects all patrons and is committed to providing outstanding service to students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Access: Mantor provides the greatest access possible to information in a variety of formats to advance the instructional and research-related goals of the university curriculum. We empower our patrons in their information-seeking activities through the use of appropriate technologies.
- Diversity: Mantor promotes an understanding of and appreciation for diversity through collections and information access, services, programming, and staff.
- Intellectual pursuit: Mantor is a teaching library. We encourage critical thinking and exploration by participating in the instructional, research, and creative endeavors of the UMF community through programming, outreach, and instruction.
- Intellectual freedom: Mantor Library ensures free and open access to information by embracing and promoting the values set forth in the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights.
- Privacy: Mantor Library actively protects the privacy of all patrons by complying, in both letter and spirit, with all applicable privacy laws.
- Stewardship: Mantor provides a welcoming environment in a secure facility. We utilize funding responsibly and participate in cooperative resource-sharing arrangements with other libraries to maximize the benefits for library users.