The Maine State Grant (MSG) Program (formerly known as the Maine Student Incentive Scholarship Program (MSISP)) provides scholarships to Maine residents pursuing education beyond high school. At UMF, the maximum MSG award for a full-time student at UMF is $1,500 per academic year. To apply for a Maine State Grant, a student must mail a completed FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA so that it is received by the Federal processor by May 1. To be eligible for a Maine State Grant, a student must:
- be a Maine resident for at least one year prior to application,
- have graduated from an approved secondary school or received a GED,
- be enrolled in an eligible school for a first undergraduate degree,
- have financial need, as determined by information provided on the FAFSA, and
- must meet general Federal requirements for student financial assistance.
For more specific information regarding Maine State Grants and other educational assistance programs offered by the state, contact the Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) at 800-228-3734 (within Maine) or 207-623-3263. Students from other states are advised to contact their state education agency for information about their education assistance programs.