Students’ official academic records are maintained in the Merrill Center. Transcripts of these records are not furnished to individuals, other institutions or prospective employers without the written consent of the student.

 How to Order Transcripts

There are four different ways you can order a transcript:

  • eTranscript – secure, fast electronic delivery
  • Request Official Transcript through MaineStreet Student Center
  • Written/faxed request
  • Generate your own Unofficial transcript in MaineStreet


Secure, Electronic Transcripts:  ** New Service **

  • Need a transcript right away?
  • Don’t want to wait for the postal service to deliver mail across the country?
  • Applying for a job or graduate school which requires an electronic transcript?

The University of Maine at Farmington has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide secure, electronic delivery of official transcripts to an email address anywhere in the world. 

The service costs $4 per transcript, which is payable by credit card when you place your on-line order.

  • You’ll need to check with the recipient to be sure that they will accept an electronic transcript. 
  • You’ll want to send transcripts directly to another college if you’re hoping to be accepted and receive transfer credits.
  • Please note that you don’t need to order electronic transcripts for undergraduate admission to other University of Maine System schools.  They’re able to access your transcript in MaineStreet as long as you don’t have a hold on your account.

Click Electronic Transcript now to place your order.

Request Official Transcript through MaineStreet Student Center

If you have access to MaineStreet, and have no holds on your account, you should be able to order an Official Transcript from your MaineStreet Student Center:

  • Login to MaineStreet.
  • Select Self-Service.
  • Select Student Center.
  • Select Transcript:  Request Official from drop-down box labeled “Other Academic.”
  • Complete Name and Address of recipient.

Transcripts requested in this way will be processed within five business days.  You should be able to check the status of your request by returning to the request.


Need an Unofficial copy of your transcript?

If you have access to MaineStreet, and have no holds on your account, you should be able to print your own copy of an Unofficial transcript.

  • Login to MaineStreet
  • Select Self-Service.
  • Select Student Center.
  • Select Request Transcript:  View Unofficial from the drop-down box labeled “Other Academic.”

You should be able to generate and then print an unofficial “Issued to Student” copy of your transcript from your own computer, as long as you don’t have any holds.

Send Written Request for Transcripts

All transcript requests must be in writing. Complete the Transcript Request form or send us a letter which includes all of the following:

  • Name
  • All names under which your records may be filed
  • Date of Birth
  • Dates of attendance
  • Your mailing address
  • Phone number
  • Email address
  • Whether or not you want an official or unofficial transcript
  • Address where you would like your transcripts mailed
  • Your signature and date signed

Mail your request to Merrill Center Student Services, University of Maine at Farmington, 224 Main Street, Farmington, ME  04938 or FAX to 207-778-7555.

All transcripts sent directly to students will be marked “Issued to Student” and will generally not be considered official. Please indicate if transcripts need to be in a sealed envelope.

Please allow five business days from receipt of transcript request for processing.  There is no charge to send a paper transcript.

University policy prohibits issuing transcripts to any student indebted to the University.


Unofficial transcripts are merely copies of the transcript with no stamp or seal, usually used in-house or by student for personal use.

Official transcripts are transcripts in a sealed envelope that have the Registrar’s signature and the University Seal.  The envelope is not to be opened until it reaches it’s official destination.


Faxed Requests

Transcript requests may be faxed to us but, for security reasons, we do not fax transcripts.  Transcripts to be sent within the University of Maine System are sent electronically;  all others are sent by First Class U.S. Mail.


Email Requests

Email requests for transcripts will only be accepted if you include your request as an attachment to your e-mail.  It must be a written request, with your signature. 

Please understand that if you email the Transcript Request form as an attachment your personal information could be at risk; email is not a secure way to transmit sensitive information.



If you have any questions, please call the Merrill Center at (207) 778-7100 or email