Pay Level III
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Employee performs highly skilled administrative work that includes considerable internal and external contacts and access to confidential information. Work is performed with limited supervision and requires a high level of independent judgment, initiative, and discretion. Employee may be responsible for supervising other student employees. Work is performed under general instruction. Employee performs various administrative, clerical and research tasks for members of the department. Duties vary with current needs and employee is responsible for quality and quantity of output.
1) Works on special projects as needed by faculty in the department.
2) Records and extracts data from manual/computer files.
3) Does highly skilled research work for a department.
4) Performs various short and long term tasks as needed by the department.
5) Assists with routine office duties as needed.
6) May coordinate the activities of one or two other student employees under direction of supervisor.
7) Types vouchers, records, letters, reports and other correspondence for internal and external use.
8) Operates standard office equipment.
9) Prepares materials for classes, workshops, and program publicity.
10) May maintain inventory of office supplies.
11) Answers telephones and communicates messages.
12) Greets visitors and gives general information.
13) Assists with incoming/outgoing mail.
The statement above reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements which may be inherent to the position.