Pay Level III
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Employee does technical, complex work in the performance of difficult tasks in an assigned laboratory. Considerable knowledge of laboratory techniques are required. Employee performs work with limited supervision and independent judgment and initiative are experienced frequently.
1) Takes a variety of samples and does a variety of testing.
2) Explains lab to students including answering questions and procedures.
3) Designs and does minor maintenance of laboratory and facilities.
4) Operates a variety of standard laboratory equipment and some specialized equipment.
5) May coordinate the activities of several other student employees under the direction of a supervisor.
The statement above reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements which may be inherent to the position.