Pay Level II
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Employee performs a variety of technical and public service-oriented tasks associated with operations of a campus library. Most tasks are performed within established guidelines, however the use of independent judgment and initiative is sometimes necessary. Works under the supervision of professional staff, classified staff or Library Aide II.
1) Assist with managing circulation of library materials, including checking in/out, renewing and placing hold on materials. Collects revenues from user cards and copier debit cards.
2) Shelves books, periodicals, and other materials in the reference and circulating collection areas. Reads shelves (checks order of books on shelf), performs inventories.
3) Assist library users with photocopiers and microfilm reader/printers, manual and automated reference resources and other library and audiovisual equipment.
4) Inspects and processes new materials for addition to the library collection.
5) Performs special projects as needed (e.g., preservation of archives materials organization of Vertical File, computer data entry, photocopying, and preparing items for mailing.)
6) Disseminates information to library users upon request.
7) Applies general library policies and procedures.
The statement above reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements which may be inherent to the position.