Pay Level III
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Employee performs a variety of technical and public service-oriented tasks associated with the operations of a college library. Most tasks are performed within established guidelines, however the use of independent judgment and initiative is often necessary. Works under the supervision of professional and classified staff.
1) Assists with managing circulation of library materials, including checking in/out, renewing, placing holds on material using the URSUS online catalog system. Collects revenues from user cards and copier debit cards. Inputs, edits, and maintains patron and item records on URSUS..
2) Shelves books, periodicals, and other materials in the reference and circulating collection areas. Reads shelves (checks order of books on shelf), performs inventories.
3) Assist library users with photocopiers and microfilm reader/printers, the URSUS catalog, automated automated reference resources (e.g. InfoTrac), and other library and audiovisual equipment.
4) Inspects and processes new materials for addition to the library collection.
5) Disseminates information to library users upon request, applies general library policies and procedures.
6) Assist librarians with statistical reports, item processing, data entry on URSUS and OCLC computer systems, performs special projects as needed (e.g. , preservations of archives materials, organization of vertical files, photocopying, preparing items for mailing).
The statement above reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements which may be inherent to the position.