Pay Level IV
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Employee performs difficult and complex tasks of an interpersonal nature. Work involves acting as a resource to people in a variety of situations. Employee works without direct supervision and requires high levels of independent judgment, creativity, initiative, and discretion. Employee must be skilled in communication and public service and exhibit an ability to work patiently and effectively with patrons at varying skill levels. Will need detailed knowledge of the mission and responsibilities of Mantor Library Reference Department.
1) All duties of Library Aide I and II;
2) Coordinate activities of several other student employees under the general direction of a supervisor;
3) Mentor Aide I and II to provide them with real world experience on the reference desk;
4) Responsible for staffing the reference desk, unsupervised, as part of regular duties;
5) Responsible for coordinating and conducting a training program for Library Aide I/II positions;
6) Exhibits advanced knowledge of library systems and department resources.
The statement above reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements which may be inherent to the position.