Pay Level IV
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Employee performs a variety of complex and technical tasks related to investigation, experimentation, and operation of various projects. Employee works without direct supervision and requires a high level of independent judgment, initiative, and discretion. Work is performed under the general direction of the project supervisor. Employee should have worked as a Research Assistant for a number of semesters and had responsibilities above and beyond the normal Research Assistant I.
1) Performs complex technical tasks associated with specific projects.
2) May develop necessary tests and measurement tools.
3) May include laboratory, field, and/or library research. May also include weekend work or travel.
4) Collects, records and analyzes complete data; manages databases; summarizes results in written and graphical form.
5) Performs literature searches, assists in manuscript writing and editing.
6) Coordinates the training and supervision of other research assistants under the direction of the project supervisor.
The statement above reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements which may be inherent to the position.