Pay Level II
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Employee provides a variety of tasks associated with the operation of campus police office. Work is accomplished within well defined procedures including verbal and written communications. Employee works with limited supervision and requires frequent use of independent judgment and initiative. Evening Security Assistants provide routine escort service for students from various areas of campus to other areas within a specified range. They do not issue any citations for parking violations due to their scheduled shift. A clean police record is essential.
1) Issues, records, and files parking decals.
2) Maintains daily log of all activities of office.
3) Performs various office clerical tasks as needed.
4) Notifies and collects revenues resulting from parking violations.
5) Assists with incoming request for general information.
6) Takes predetermined action in emergencies such as accidents, fires and illness.
7) Escort students after dark to areas around campus.
The statement above reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements which may be inherent to the position.