Pay Level I
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Employee performs simple tasks related to operation of a switchboard. Assignments are accomplished within established procedures, tasks are routine and easily learned. Employee works under regular supervision and is expected to use little independent judgment.
1) Answers incoming calls and takes messages.
2) Directs calls to proper authorities.
3) Gives routine information.
4) Process incoming mail to departments and offices.
5) Delivers on-campus mail.
6) Picks up and processes outgoing mail.
The statement above reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements which may be inherent to the position.