- For student workers who have not held a job on campus, the work authorization form will come with a packet of additional hiring documentation. The student will not be able to begin work until all documents have been completed and returned to Merrill Center. Please note that a completed Student Employment Work Authorization form (for each job) must be received in the UMF Merrill Center Student Services before the student may access the time reporting system. This is required for all work positions – Federal Work-Study, Student Work Initiative, and Department Funded positions.
- It is the student’s responsibility to enter time worked in Employee Self-Service in MaineStreet on a daily basis. Student employees are not permitted to project anticipated hours to be worked. Time must be approved by an authorized supervisor. Time entered in MaineStreet after the published date on the payroll schedule will be held and submitted on the next payroll, a minimum delay of two (2) weeks.
- Students will only be paid hourly wages for hours actually worked and are not eligible for any benefits.
- Students may not work more than 40 hours in any one week. Time should be submitted in actual time onto MaineStreet.
- Paper checks will be available for pick up in the, Merrill Center Student Services, Merrill Hall, 224 Main St., Farmington, ME 04938, on the dates specified on the payroll schedule. If you need your check mailed to you, you must leave a stamped, self-addressed envelope at Merrill Center Student Services, if you wish to have your check mailed.
- If you have direct deposit, you will view your paycheck on MaineStreet. You may also set up a direct deposit on MaineStreet payroll system. Direct Deposit information is available at http://merrillcenter.umf.maine.edu/financial-aid/student-employment/direct-deposit/. The direct deposit will not be active for approximately 10 business days. Your pay check information is also available for viewing on MaineStreet under the employee self-service link. MaineStreet is located at mainestreet.maine.edu.
- International students may not work more than 20 hours in one week during periods of enrollment.
Under unusual circumstances payroll schedule is subject to change. If you have any questions, please call Miranda Brodeur at 778-7103 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org