Completing the Housing Application
- The Housing Application can be found on myCampus in the section for New Students. Students have access to myCampus upon confirmation.
- Complete the housing application, providing as much information as possible to enable Residence Life staff to find a good roommate match.
- If two incoming students want to live together, they need to put the other’s name and Student ID number on their Housing Application
Completing the Room & Board License
- The Room & Board License will be mailed to confirmed students in their confirmation packet, with a return envelope. A PDF is also available here.
- Sign and return the Room & Board License to the UMF Office of Admission, 246 Main St, Farmington, ME 04352.
Students who complete a Housing Application and return a signed Room & Board License will be sent their housing assignment and roommate information in early July (Residence Life staff waits until after Summer Experience to send out housing assignments because roommate connections often occur during the week).
Our research has shown that our most successful students — those who became truly immersed in all we have to offer: academics, extracurricular activities, social life, research, volunteer opportunities, everything — lived on campus their very first year. In fact, on-campus residency has proven to be so valuable to our students’ success, we’ve made it a requirement for first-year students. Learn more about our residency requirement here.
Meal Plan for First-Year Students
All first-year students live on campus and will have the all-access meal plan. This meal plan allows for unlimited visits to the dining hall and also carries $100 declining balance to be used in the Beaver Lodge and Mantor Cafe.
The declining balance carries between semesters and expires at the end of the academic year. Additions to declining balances can be purchased at any time during the semester.
Additional Helpful Information about Living on Campus at UMF