There are a few items that you need to complete so that you have a class schedule, a place to live, and have met all requirements before you arrive on campus.
Some of the links below require access to myCampus. If students are having problems accessing myCampus, contact the Admission Office at 207-778-7050 and ask for the Counselor of the Day.
1. Complete the Housing Application and Room and Board License. To facilitate student engagement and academic success, the University of Maine at Farmington requires all first year students to live on campus. You’ll find links to these forms in myCampus.
2. Register for classes.
First year students: Students entering in September will complete the Course Planning Form and Financial Responsibility Statement, required for course registration. The Course Planning Form is designed to help students select courses of interest and to inform about requirements for your major. Responses are used to create a Fall schedule. The preferred deadline to complete these items is early June. A link to the Course Planning Form is available in myCampus.
Transfer Students: New transfer students are contacted by a representative from their major to discuss course selection and registration. Students can initiate contact by calling the Admission office (207-778-7050) and asking to be connected to an advisor from the major. Transfer students must also respond to the Financial Responsibility Statement on MaineStreet before being registered for courses.
3. Complete placement testing, if you have been notified that you need to test. Notification is sent by postal mail. Contact the UMF Testing Office at 207-778-7666 to make an appointment.
4. Review and accept your financial aid package on MaineStreet. Learn more about Financial Services. Contact Financial Services at 207-778-7100 or Admissions at 207-778-7050 for assistance.
5. Send official AP score reports and/or transcripts from other colleges (if you have taken courses from other colleges, including dual enrollment) to: UMF Admission Office, 246 Main Street, Farmington, Maine 04938-1994. Call or email with questions (207-778-7050, TDD/TYY 207-778-7275), firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Send disabilities documentation, if you plan to request accommodations. Contact the Learning Assistance Center at 207-778-7295 for more information or to set up an individual appointment.
7. Send immunization records and complete required campus training.
Records go to: Shared Processing Center, University of Maine System, P.O. Box 412, Bangor, ME 04401 or Fax to 207-581-5451.
Maine State Law requires that all students who are enrolled full-time or part-time show proof of immunity to the following infectious diseases: measles (rubeola), rubella (German measles), mumps, tetanus and diphtheria.
The campus training can be found by following this link.
8. Look up and order your textbooks. College students are required to supply their own textbooks. Once your schedule has been created, use the course information on your MaineStreet Student Center to look up textbook information. You are not required to purchase textbooks through UMF’s University Store; however you will use our ecampus textbook site to find out what you need. Textbooks should be ordered 2 weeks or more before the fall semester. Contact the University Store at 207-778-7325 for more information.