UMF’s Partnership for Civic Advancement supports student participation in community-based activities in western Maine and beyond that are intentionally designed to be mutually beneficial to UMF students, our community partners, and the communities served.
Student-community engagement activities supported by the Partnership include:
- Leadership Education and Training
- Service Learning, and
- Undergraduate Research
(See “Definitions” for a description of each engagement type.)
How can you get involved?
Students interested in working with community organizations or local businesses, please start here.
Faculty and staff seeking to expand student learning opportunities through community placements may start here.
Community businesses and organizations interested in securing assistance from UMF students on high priority community projects may start here.
News and Upcoming Events:
- “Experience Farmington!” – Street Fair Event, Friday, September 16, 2016
- DEADLINE to Apply for Intern Awards for Spring 2017 Semester Internships: Monday, October 31, 2016
- Fall 2016 Internship Fair – Wednesday, October 5th. Save the Date!
- Check here to see all Upcoming Events and Meetings
- Visit our Partnership News page for updates on what’s happening with the Partnership
- See issues of the Partnership Press newsletters:
- View photographs from the Partnership’s Annual Dinner held December 3, 2015
- See the Partnership’s Year 3 Outcomes Summary Report
This website is maintained by the Partnership. It is meant to serve students, faculty, staff, and community sponsors. Suggestions for improving this site are always welcome.