UMF’s Partnership for Civic Advancement supports student engagement in community-based activities in western Maine and beyond that are intentionally designed to be mutually beneficial to UMF students, our community partners, and the communities served.
Student-community engagement activities supported by the Partnership include:
- Leadership Education and Training
- Service Learning, and
- Undergraduate Research
(See “Definitions” for a description of each engagement type.)
How can you get involved?
Students interested in working with community organizations or local businesses – start here.
Faculty and staff seeking to expand student learning opportunities through community placements – start here.
Community businesses and organizations interested in securing assistance from UMF students on high priority community projects – start here.
News and Upcoming Events:
- “Experience Farmington!” – Street Fair Event, Friday, September 16, 2016
- DEADLINE to Apply for Intern Awards for Spring 2017 Semester Internships: Monday, October 31, 2016
- Fall 2016 Internship Fair – Wednesday, October 5th. Save the Date!
- Check here to see all Upcoming Events and Meetings
- Visit our Partnership News page for updates on what’s happening with the Partnership, and
- Check out issues of the Partnership Press newsletters
- Review the Partnership’s Year 3 Outcomes Summary Report
Contact Us:University of Maine at Farmington Partnership for Civic Advancement 149 Quebec Street Farmington, Maine 04938 Telephone: 207-778-7516 or 778-7593 Facsimile: 207-778-7840 TDD: 207-778-7000 Email: email@example.com
This website is maintained by the Partnership.
It is meant to serve students, faculty, staff, and community sponsors.
Suggestions for improving this site are always welcome.