UMF’s Partnership for Civic Advancement is an initiative that supports student participation in community-based activities in western Maine and beyond that are intentionally designed to be mutually beneficial to UMF students and to the communities served.
Student-community engagement activities supported by the Partnership include:
- Leadership Education and Training
- Service Learning, and
- Undergraduate Research
(Please see “Definitions” for a description of each engagement type.)
How can you get involved?
- Students interested in working with community organizations or local businesses, please start here.
- Faculty and staff seeking to expand student learning opportunities through community placements may start here.
- Community businesses and organizations interested in securing assistance from UMF students on high priority community projects may start here.
News and Upcoming Events:
- DEADLINE to Apply for Intern Awards for Summer or Fall 2016 Semesters: Friday, April 1, 2016
- Spring 2016 Internship Fair – Wednesday, March 9th. Save the Date!
- Check here to see all Upcoming Events and Meetings
- View the photographs from the Partnership’s Annual Dinner on December 3, 2015
Go to our Partnership News page for updates on what’s happening with the Partnership
Check below to see issues of the Partnership Press newsletters:
See the Partnership’s Year 3 Outcomes Summary Report
This website is maintained by the Partnership. It is meant to serve students, faculty, staff, and community sponsors. Suggestions for improving this site are always welcome.