||Western Maine Community Action
||Fundraising and Volunteer Coordinator Program Intern
|Period of Engagement:
||Available Each Term – Spring, Summer or Fall
|Description of the Internship:
|Western Maine Community Action (WMCA) is a social service agency that has been providing services for over 45 years to people living in the western mountain region of Maine. The organization is dedicated to the principle that poverty should not be a permanent condition of people’s lives. WMCA is able to respond quickly and effectively to the variety of needs of our disadvantaged population. We strive to marshal as many resources as possible in our efforts to provide comprehensive services responsive to conditions.
The agency is seeking an intern to help create fundraising opportunities through various business development techniques, including prospecting, targeted follow-up and new lead generation, as well as to assist in identifying, recruiting, training and managing temporary volunteers. The position requires a strong commitment to professionalism and confidentiality. Flexibility in schedule to include occasional weekend and evening hours is necessary.
For more information on Western Maine Community Action, please visit their website at: http://wmca.org/
|Primary responsibilities of this internship include community fundraising and serving as the lead person responsible for managing the recruitment and workflow of volunteers. The intern will be required to adhere to the generic tasks, duties and responsibilities, as well as the specific duties of the program area of interest, as follows:
- Interview, train, motivate and recruit volunteers to ensure effective utilization of resources
- Plan and execute fundraiser(s) and donor management campaign.
- Ensure all necessary legal disclosures and release documents are in place and accurate.
- Provide Program Coordinator with internship paperwork including evaluation documents and other documents pertaining to successful completion of the internship experience, as appropriate.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Coordinate available services with WMCA programs and partners as required by the position.
- Establish connections with clients, based on requirements of the project.
- Enhance organizational image by branding WMCA, dressing professionally, including nametag, and maintaining a general knowledge of the agency and its services.
- Foster community relations by engaging in various activities as a representative of WMCA.
- Manage media relations by being alert to the possibilities to share information and bring those ideas forward and/or create the media report.
- Manage/create special events as required by sharing ideas, completing assigned tasks and/or attending the event.
- Participate in Agency and program staff meetings, training, supervision and other activities as requested.
- Performs other duties of a similar or related nature, as assigned.
- Provide operational and event support for the department and/or program.
- Perform other duties of a similar or related nature as assigned.
- Assist in carrying out the Agency’s organizational mission, vision, and strategies.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Mature individual who treats others with respect and consideration and accepts responsibility for own actions
- Able to understand business implications of decisions and align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Superior interpersonal skills – ability to communicate professionally with volunteers, colleagues and donors
- Good computer skills – advanced skills in MS Office, Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to take direction and work independently to isolate and solve complex problems relating to the project
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
|Application is made through UMF’s Partnership for Civic Advancement.
|Complete and submit the Partnership’s Internship Application Form online.
|Return to the Internship Opportunities Listing