|Employer:||The Riders Club|
|Internship Title:||Black Mountain Program and Terrain Park Operation Intern|
|Period of Engagement:||Fall – Spring|
|Description of the Internship:|
|The selected Black Mountain Program and Terrain Park Operation Intern will have the opportunity to learn and apply professional coaching strategies, terrain park operation, construction and management skills, as well as event organization and management skills within the snowboard and freeski community.Specific responsibilities of this internship may include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
Terrain Park Operation and Management:
• Work with Director to prepare and implement a progressive unique Terrain Park layout with various creative features.
• Work with Director to develop terrain park SOP (standard operating procedures) to include; feature inventory, maintenence program, new feature construction goals, placement of features, tracking documentation etc…
• Work with Director and Titcomb Operations staff to facilitate snowmaking in Terrain Park.
• Work with Director and Titcomb Operations staff to build and maintain all aspects of terrain park.
• Work with all coaches and Titcomb staff to ensure maintenence and upkeep of all terrain park features.
• Willingness to learn grooming techniques and operation.
• Work with Director to create volunteer junior terrain park Ops program.
• Work with Black Mt. staff to gain in-house Ski Patrol certification.
• Work with Director and Black Mt. Ski Patrol to ensure safety in terrain park.
• Work with director to oversee all technical and tactical training of athletes.
• Work with all coaches and representatives to ensure a fun and supportive learning environment for all program participants.
• Assist with the preparation and implementation of individual training and competition plans for all athletes in their discipline, as well as monitor and guide each athlete’s individual training and competition goals.
• Assist with community outreach and recruitment of young snowboarders and freeskiers with local schools.
• Work towards building a volunteer network (parents, supporters, UMF students and faculty etc.)
• Assist with coach development and training.
• Work with Director to create and facilitate Riders Club Friday night program for all area youth.
• Work with Director to facilitate registration of new area members.
• Work with Executive Director, assisting with fundraising, producing events, analyzing strategic plans.
• Assist with planning and implementation of competition and fundraising events.
• Examples of marketing, fundraising, and event planning duties are researching donor prospects and granting organizations, attending strategic meetings, helping to plan benefits, and distributing marketing materials.
• Other duties may include assisting with capital campaigns, and general public relations.
• Communication tools- emails, newsletters, community presentations, social and digital media production.
|Application is made through UMF’s Partnership for Civic Advancement.|
|Complete and submit the Partnership’s Internship Application Form online.|