|The selected Event and Program Coordinator Intern will have the opportunity to facilitate all aspects of the Park Shark event organization and management at locations across the state and within the snowboard and free ski community.
The intern will also learn and apply professional coaching strategies, terrain park operation, and construction and management skills.
Specific responsibilities of this internship may include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
Event Planning and Organization
- Work with Director to assist in all aspects of event planning for Park Shark challenge, including Venue communication, scheduling marketing, sponsor contracts, and community awareness.
- Work with Director to develop Park Shark events SOP (standard operating procedures) to include venue requirements, venue format, judging criteria, tracking documentation, and etc.
- Work with Director, Mountain staff, and Intern Operations staff to facilitate Terrain Park requirements with all locations.
- Work with Director and Operations staff to develop social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and local media outlets.
- Work with Director to collaborate and facilitate sponsor involvement with local and industry businesses with the Park Shark series.
- Establish clear and effective communication with all Operation Interns, the Director, and snow sports.
- Work with director to oversee all technical and tactical training of athletes.
- Work with all coaches and representatives to ensure a fun and supportive learning environment for all program participants.
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of individual training and competition plans for all athletes in their discipline, as well as monitor and guide each athlete’s individual training and competition goals.
- Assist with community outreach and recruitment of young snowboarders and freeskiers with local schools.
- Work towards building a volunteer network (parents, supporters, UMF students and faculty etc.)
- Assist with coach development and training.
Terrain Park Operation and Management:
- Work with Director to prepare and implement a progressive unique Terrain Park layout with various creative features.
- Work with Director to develop terrain park SOP (standard operating procedures) to include; feature inventory, maintenence program, new feature construction goals, placement of features, tracking documentation etc…
- Work with Director, Black Mt., and Titcomb Operations staff to facilitate snowmaking in Terrain Park.
- Work with Director, Black Mt., and Titcomb Operations staff to build and maintain all aspects of terrain park.
- Work with all coaches, Black Mt., and Titcomb staff to ensure maintenence and upkeep of all terrain park features.
- Work with Executive Director, assisting with fundraising, producing events, analyzing strategic plans.
- Assist with planning and implementation of competition and fundraising events.
- Examples of marketing, fundraising, and event planning duties are researching donor prospects and granting organizations, attending strategic meetings, helping to plan benefits, and distributing marketing materials.
- Other duties may include assisting with capital campaigns, and general public relations.
- Communication tools- emails, newsletters, community presentations, social and digital media production.