Dakin Hall is a traditional single sex by neighbor building offering single and double style rooms. In the lower level of Dakin Hall is a large laundry room, full kitchen, and game room.
The floors in Dakin are distinct by number, floor from ground level up. The beds are not bunked; however, if upon moving in all roommates want the beds bunked, University staff will assist. Because restrooms are community style, during the first floor meeting an anonymous vote occurs where students can voice their thoughts on restroom designations. If a resident would like restrooms to be gender specific, then restrooms are designated as such for the floor. Please note that the All Access Meal Plan is required for all First Year Students.Deciding what to bring to college can be very stressful. Because of this, we have compiled a list that has helpful reminders. Please refer to the packing list to assist you in your packing.
Although Dakin is typically single sex by neighbor, the UMF campus allows for students to opt for gender inclusive placements in this hall.
There is one professional Graduate Area Coordinator who resides in Dakin Hall and assists in the development of communal living. This individual is responsible for enhancing their residents’ college experience by assisting in promoting programs within the hall. Programs, which are designed by the six Community Assistants in the hall, promote the development of both academic and social skills. A Community Assistant is an upper class student who assists in building community within their areas, as well as helping residents get involved in the University community through various programming initiatives.
Within the building:
- 147 occupants
- Restrooms are Community Style
- Connected by an east-west portico to Lockwood Hall
- Wheelchair accessible
- Coed Hall
- All Bathrooms are Community Style
- Kitchen and Laundry for building located in basement
- Community Assistants: 6
Within each room:
- One cable hookup
- Two Ethernet
- Wireless access
- University provided MICROCHILL Fridge/Freezer/Microwave Combination Unit
- Two windows, 38″ x 54″
- Space under beds, approximately 10″ at lowest to 27″ at highest
- Average furniture includes: two beds, two dressers, two closets, two desk and chairs
Standard Room Dimensions:
- Average single room, approximately 9.3′ wide by 16′ deep
- Average double room, approximately 12′ wide by 16.7′ deep
For more information, please contact Kelsey Champagne-Smith, Assistant Director of Housing and Academic Success, at 207-778-7488