Lockwood Hall is a co-ed, cooperative living environment for Juniors and Seniors, in which residents are responsible for the daily running and upkeep of the building. This predominately single room housing options allows students to reside on campus with the added benefit of being close to classrooms and campus events and the freedoms of apartment style living.
Residents make the decisions for the building, do programming, set standards and, if needed, hold each other accountable. Residents living in the building are not required to have a residential meal meal plan, but can have one if they would like. To accommodate the lack of a meal plan, a large, newly renovated kitchen with a dining area. All Lockwood students sign a community living agreement. It is up to the community to form their own constitution and bylaws for the cooperative environment.
There is one professional Graduate Area Coordinator who supervises Lockwood Hall and assists in the development of communal living. This individual is responsible for enhancing their residents’ college experience by assisting in promoting programs within the hall. Within Lockwood Hall, there is one Community Coordinator. The Community Coordinator is an upper class student who assists in building community within their areas, as well as helping residents get involved in the University community through various programming initiatives. Deciding what to bring to college can be very stressful. Because of this, we have compiled a list that has helpful reminders. Please refer to the packing list to assist you in your packing.
Within the building:
- With the exception of 8 rooms that can be used as doubles in the building, rooms in Lockwood Hall are used as single rooms
- 52 occupants
- Connected by a west-east portico to Dakin Hall
- Coed Hall
- All bathrooms are community style
- Laundry is located in the basement
- Kitchen is located on the first floor
- Student lounge is located on the first floor
- Only those with Junior or Senior status may live here.
- Community Coordinator: 1
Within each room:
- One cable hookup
- Two Ethernet
- Wireless access
- University provided MICROCHILL Fridge/Freezer/Microwave Combination Unit
- Two windows, 38″ x 54″
- Space under beds, approximately 12″ at lowest to 32″ at highest
- Average furniture in doubles includes: two beds, two dressers, two closets, two desk and chairs
- Average furniture in singles includes: 1 bed, 1 dresser, 1 closet, 1 desk and chair
Standard Room Dimensions:
- Average Lockwood standard single room, approximately 9.3′ wide by 16′ deep
- Average Lockwood single room, 12′ wide by 16.7′ deep
For more information, please contact Kelsey Champagne-Smith, Assistant Director of Housing and Academic Success, at 207-778-7488