Scott Hall-West, a co-ed residence hall, offers single rooms and large single rooms. Residents of Scott-West also have access to the large main floor lounge of the Scott Hall Complex where they can shoot pool and play board games with friends and do group study sessions.
Scott-West is part of the Scott Hall Complex, which also includes Scott-North and Scott-South. The Scott Hall complex, located on Main Street across from the UMF Admissions Office, is UMF’s largest residence hall, an expansive 3-story building. The upper floor of Scott-West has large panoramic windows, some overlooking Prescott Field and Titcomb Mountain.
The lower level of Scott-West has a large laundry room and full kitchen.
Residing in this building is a professional staff member (called a Graduate Area Coordinator) who assists in the development of communal living. This staff person is responsible for enhancing residents’ college experience by assisting in promoting programs within the hall.
Programs designed by the four Community Assistants in the hall promote the development of both academic and social skills. A Community Assistant is an upper class UMF student who assists in building community within their areas, as well as help residents get involved in the campus community through various programming initiatives.
The floors in the Scott Complex are distinct by number, floor from ground level up, and by direction, defined as North, South, and West. The beds are not bunked; however, if upon moving in all roommates want the beds bunked, University staff will assist is setting this up. Please note that the All-Access Meal Plan is required for all First-Year Students.
Within the building:
- Co-ed hall
- 49 occupants
- All single and large single rooms
- Connected to Scott-South and Scott-North
- All bathrooms are single-user
- Wheelchair accessible
- Elevator access
- Access to large lounge area in middle of complex
- Kitchen and laundry in basement
- 4 Community Assistants
Within each room:
- One cable hookup
- Two Ethernet
- Wireless access
- University provided MICROCHILL Fridge/Freezer/Microwave Combination Unit
- Two windows, varying in size and shape by floor
- Space under beds, approximately 10″ at lowest to 27″ at highest
- Average furniture includes: two beds, two dressers, two closets, two desk and chairs
- Average single room, approximately 9.8′ wide by 9.8′ deep
- Average large single room, approximately 12.3′ wide by 14.9′ deep
What to Bring
We understand deciding what to bring to college can be stressful. To help you with this, see our Suggested Packing List web page.
For more information on campus housing, please contact us.
Assistant Director of Housing and Academic Success