What is the Carolyn Stone Wellness Community?
This unique community has been created to provide the opportunity for students who choose to support, initiate and promote the principles of a healthy lifestyle, and who choose to live in an environment free of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
How do you get to live in the Wellness Community?
Any student can live in the wellness community. For first year students, when filling out the rooming survey, check off “Wellness Community.”
Carolyn Stone Wellness Community residents agree to:
- Commit to a healthy lifestyle that prohibits use, storage or consumption of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs by either residents or their guests, regardless of age.
- Be responsible for holding one another accountable for their actions.
Agree that communication, cooperation and compromise are important and respect is vital.
Deciding what to bring to college can be very stressful. Because of this, we have compiled a list that has helpful reminders. Please refer to the packing list to assist you in your packing.
Within the building:
- Capacity: 119 students
- Wellness Community
- Coed Hall
- Kitchen and laundry in the basement
- All bathrooms are single-user
- Community Assistants: 4
Within each room:
- One cable hookup
- One phone hookup
- Two Ethernet
- Wireless access
- Two windows, 38″ x 54″
- Space under beds, approximately 12″ at lowest to 33″ at highest
- Average furniture includes: two beds, two dressers, two closets, two desk and chairs
Standard Room Dimensions:
- Average single room, approximately 9.3′ wide by 16.2′ deep
- Average double room, approximately 12′ wide by 16.2′ deep
For more information, please contact Kelsey Champagne-Smith, Assistant Director of Housing and Academic Success, at 207-778-7488