Academic advising is a top priority at UMF. As advisors, our role is to partner with students to create opportunities and to develop academic options and choices for students. Assisting students in identifying practical experiential opportunities is key to students reaching their career goals. Our advising staff can assist students as they begin and continue their college experience through graduation and beyond.
Our advisors assist students who are undeclared/undecided, are in a traditional major, or are transitioning between majors. We can help students to find answers about requirements and policies, register for classes, find a tutor, change a major, add a minor, explore options for academic majors and careers, find a career event, learn about opportunities to enhance classroom experiences, and many others.
The Advising Center is located on the 2nd floor of Franklin Hall, 252 Main Street. Call us at (207) 778-7040 or stop by our offices Monday through Friday from 8:00 am-4:30 pm.
For information about support services and resources, check out the links below:
- Exploration & Self Assessment
- Career Services (resume and cover letter templates, job search, internships, career events)
- The Liberal Arts Undeclared Program
- Support Services with the Learning Assistance Center
- UMF Catalog
- Parent Information
- For additional information about advising services, visit the Advising tab on myCampus.