NATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE (NSE)
Curiosity is Your Compass
- take classes not available at your school
- study with new professors and experts in your field
- broaden your educational perspective
- pursue research, field study, and internship opportunities
- investigate graduate schools
- experience personal growth and independence
- live in different geographic and cultural settings
- gain international and/or intercultural understanding
- explore the historical and cultural makeup of the U.S. and Canada
- make connections in a new job market
- develop practical skills for use in your professional development
- increase collaboration experience
- prepare yourself to live and work in a culturally diverse society
Study Away Eligibility Requirements
*Enrolled/Matriculated at UMF, full time, in the semester prior to and throughout your exchange.
*Have completed minimum of one semester of full-time (min. 12 credits) study in residence at UMF by application deadline. AP and transfer credits are not considered.
*Sophomore standing or above at the time of exchange, minimum 32 credits earned.
*2.5 minimum cumulative UMF GPA. There are a few select participating schools with higher GPA minimums, be sure to review these requirements on www.nse.org.
*Good academic and disciplinary standing.
*Meet foreign language proficiency requirements, if needed.
*Must not be on probation, parole, or have any pending legal judgments.
How to Get Started
Request an advising session where you will:
- Learn about the different NSE options
- Receive information on programs and locations that interest you
- Learn how to choose a program that best meets your need
- Learn about UMF’s NSE application process, step-by-step
- Have your questions answered!