NATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE (NSE)
Curiosity is Your Compass
- take classes not available at your school
- study with new professors and experts in your field
- broaden your educational perspective
- pursue research, field study, and internship opportunities
- investigate graduate schools
- experience personal growth and independence
- live in different geographic and cultural settings
- gain international and/or intercultural understanding
- explore the historical and cultural makeup of the U.S. and Canada
- make connections in a new job market
- develop practical skills for use in your professional development
- increase collaboration experience
- prepare yourself to live and work in a culturally diverse society
Study Away Eligibility Requirements
*This list is a summary; for a complete list of requirements, visit your campus NSE Coordinator in the Office of Global Education, 105 Fusion Space.
Enrolled/Matriculated at UMF, full time, in the semester prior to exchange
Have completed minimum of one semester of full-time (min. 12 credits) study in residence at UMF by application deadline. AP and transfer credits are not considered.
Sophomore standing or above at the time of exchange, minimum 32 credits earned.
2.5 minimum cumulative UMF GPA. There are a few select participating schools with higher GPA minimums, be sure to review these requirements on www.nse.org.
Good academic and disciplinary standing.
Must be able to demonstrate maturity, organization, adaptability, and flexibility
Meet foreign language proficiency requirements, if needed.
Must not be on probation, parole, or have any pending legal judgments
How to Get Started
Attend an advising session and you will:
- Learn about the different NSE options
- Receive information on programs and locations that interest you
- Learn how to choose a program that best meets your need
- Learn about UMF’s NSE application process, step-by-step
- Have your questions answered