Need IT help?
Whether you need a quote on a laptop, a web app is timing out or your computer is possessed- you can likely request help from IT when, where and how you need it. See below for the way that is most convenient for you and the hours this service is available.
- Stop by our NEW IT Help Desk on the 3rd floor of the Mantor Learning Commons! Guided by the staff in US:IT Campus Services, the capable work-study students will be there to assist you in any way possible. Should your University owned device need the attention of our techs, the Help Desk can offer you a loaner, install any printers you require and help you move any data necessary. Don’t forget to grab a coffee on your way in or out- convenient right?
- EMail email@example.com. The message you send will create a ticket 24/7 in our UMF IT Campus Services queue which we monitor during staffed hours. Staff is available Monday – Friday 8am to 4:30pm with capable student support during evening and weekend hours (during the semester)!
- Fill out the short help request form at helpdesk.maine.edu 24/7. A ticket will be created in the system-wide tech support bucket and the staff that monitors that queue will help you directly, forward the ticket to our team or to another team should it be more effective.
- Call 778-7300 or ext 7300. Great news! If your local IT staffers and student workers are at their desk and able to take calls, you will most often hear their voice on the other end of the line. If for some reason we are all on the phones or otherwise unavailable, you will have clear options to wait for one of us or try and get help from other competent and professional staff and students from across the state. There will still be times that choosing to talk with someone from another campus will get your need met as fast or faster. And for urgent, on-site needs that only we can resolve- anyone that takes your call has multiple ways of connecting with us.
- If you need assistance with your own personal device ask for a list of local vendors and clubs that might be able to fix it. (See Help Desk Hours below.)
You can also get self-help articles from the University Technology Support Center’s (UTSC) site.
Summer 2017 IT Help Desk Hours for walk-up and calls:
Call 778-7300 or stop by the Mantor IT Help Desk for local assistance Monday to Friday 8am to 4:30pm
Do you want to check the status of a University of Maine System Application or a Google App? Click on the links below:
Contact this department:
Phone: (207) 778-7300
TDD: (207) 778-7000